The Menokin Foundation invites you to visit our site and show us Menokin through your lens. This photo contest includes three categories: Wildlife, Landscape and Architecture. The contest will conclude in November with a salon style exhibit and reception at the Menokin Visitor’s Center.
At least three images from each category will be printed, framed and displayed at the exhibit. All other works entered will be displayed in a slide show.
The show will be judged by Richmond photographer, Hullihen Williams Moore, who studied with Ansel Adams. The University of Virginia Press published a book of Hullie’s images, Shenandoah: Views of Our National Park, and his work is part of the permanent collection of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
AUGUST 1st: Entry submission begins
OCTOBER 15th: Entry deadline
NOVEMBER 2: Exhibition and reception
Rules and Guidelines: (Delivery information is listed at bottom of page)
1) All photos must be submitted digitally no later than midnight of October 15, 2012.
2) Emailed photos must not be larger than 3MB. Larger files will be accepted on CD or DVD via mail and hand delivery.
3) Only three images per applicant will be accepted. They may be in any category of your choosing: Wildlife, Landscape or Architecture.
4) Registrants must complete an application and submit with their entries. Applications are available at the Visitor’s Center in Warsaw and on our website. (http://www.menokin.org/pdf/events/Photo%20Contest%20Flyer.pdf )
5) Prizes will be awarded as follows: 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize in each category and one Best In Show. A prize will also be awarded to the Best In Show winner – an afternoon of photography at Menokin with Hullie Moore.
Menokin is located at 4037 Menokin Road in Warsaw, VA. Call us at 804-333-1776, visit online at menokin.org, or email us at email@example.com.